Thursday, October 09, 2008

The Joyful Classroom

I was reading one my favorite blogs when I came across a link to an article on the ASCD website called Joy in School. I'm a sucker for articles like these-call me crazy, but I feel that one of our top priorities as teachers should be finding ways to make our instruction enjoyable for students. So when I read the byline...

"Joyful learning can flourish in school—if you give joy a chance."

...I thought there had to be something in the article I would benefit from.

It turns out that many of the "joys" in article are actually effective teaching approaches. So I give the article my highest recommendation. Hopefully you'll get as much out of it as I did.

Check out the new Digital Photography in the Classroom page on misterteacher.com. I made some additions to the one that resided at the Future of Math website. It now includes strategies for integrating digital photography in science, math, and language arts.


Technorati Tags: | |

Check out: Constitution Webquest | Parallel Lines | Alphabet Geometry

No comments: