Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Ask an Expert Blog

I've really been looking for ways the past few years to take advantage of the connective capabilities of the Blogosphere. My efforts have lead me to create projects and assignments that require my students to comment on each other's work, inside and outside of school. My hope is that they will begin connecting through their blogs outside of school, thus taking learning beyond the classroom.

A more recent (as in the past few days) effort has been the development of the Wyoming Ask An Expert Blog that I set up for my students. Through this blog my students are connected with an astronomy instructor from the University of Cincinnati Clermont. Each day I post a question that they have about space and can't answer myself. The instructor then comments on the post, giving his answer. His comments have been extremely insightful so far and if you have any desire to learn more about space, then I highly suggest making your way to the blog to see what he has to say.


Technorati Tags: , ,

Check out: Rainforest Webquest | Digital Cameras in the Classroom | Alphabet Geometry

1 comment:

Mike Frerichs said...

What a great idea! I'm sharing this with others on my staff.