Sunday, December 17, 2006

An Innovative Teacher's Christmas Wish List


  1. Flickr for Educators: If you read this blog at all you know that I love Flickr and have found many uses for it in my classroom. But I could be doing much more with this amazing tool if only I didn't have to worry about what my students might come across while using it. So what I'd love to see is the folks at Flickr work on setting up a safesearch option (just like the one on Google) that filters explicit text and photos. Then I could actually have my students go to the site and use it to find images to use in projects.
  2. A classroom set of iPods: Now that it's possible to download shows from networks like National Geographic, Discovery, and Animal Planet, the number of possible uses for iPods in the classroom has skyrocketed. I can't imagine how cool it would be to take the tired practice of showing a video to the whole class and turn it into showing a video to each student individually on their own iPod. Heck, I don't even need a class set; take a corner of the room and have students watch the movies as part of a station-based lesson.
  3. Unlimited access to the computer lab: I wish I didn't have to check out the lab weeks ahead of time and then try to fit in a lesson with computers.
  4. Another class to collaborate with: I've been trying to find a teacher, or teachers, who is/are willing to collaborate on a project through blogs. Social studies, science, or math; the subject doesn't matter.
  5. More time to read and blog: Dream on!


Check out: Digital Cameras in the Classroom | Spreadsheets in the Classroom | Technology in the Classroom

Technorati Tags: | | | |

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Firstly, I love your site it's so innovative.
Reading through your Christmas List I wondered if you had come across this:
http://welcome.globalteacher.org.au/all-about-global-teacher/

It may help with your fourth wish. ;)

Thanks for the great site.

Pen : )