Saturday, August 28, 2004

This Blogger's Back!

After a long layoff, I'm back. The site has been published, now it's time to sit back and wait for the word to get out about it. This post is dedicated to laying out my plans for Future of Math Web site for the school year 2004-2005. Here are the goals:

(1) Continue to get the word out about the site through making contacts and speaking at conferences. I plan on speaking at the Southwest Ohio Instructional Technology Association's (SOITA) conference in December and I'm also planning to submit a proposal to speak at NECC.

(2) Update the site continuously with lesson plans and examples of student work. I plan to add all of the technology integration lesson plans I use in my classroom to the site. Visitors will also be able to download them in PDF format. There will also be links to exemplary student work like Web pages or slide shows created by students with images from digicams.
I haven't decided the order of use for the digital tools yet, though I think that spreadsheets and blogs are towards the top of list (possibly in the next few weeks).

(3)Last, but definitely not least, I would like to finish the final two sections of the site, digital video and Inspiration. However, I won't be accomplishing this goal anytime soon.

No comments: