Sometime in the next few days I plan on beginning a concept album with the above title. As you know if you read this blog, I love flickr. Since discovering this site, I have thought of, and blogged, multiple uses for it for teachers. The songs on this concept album will each describe a different use for flickr in the classroom, with an emphasis on the mathematics classroom.
Let me stress that this is not a how-to--you will not learn how to upload photos or tag images. The information will be restricted entirely to classroom uses of the site. Below is a table of contents, which I'm sure will change in the coming days.
Table of Contents
Using Photos from the Classroom
- Your Own Personal Web Page
- Photos from the Classroom
- Blogging Photos from flickr
- Problem of the Day - see past blog entries
- Sentence Starters
- Journal Starters
- Sets - Creating Books
- Vocabulary Books - Patterns & Functions
- Real World Connections - Bring life to a concept
- Slide Shows
- Presentations from Projects
- Problem of the Day, Vocabulary, Real - World Connections
- "Send to Flickr" Bookmarklet
- Sky's the Limit!
- Social Studies - maps, presidential photos, historical photos, geography, culture photos
- Math - figures,
- Language Arts - photos that evoke emotions, authors, symbols, settings
- Science - concepts, scientists, tools,