- Is it clearly written?
- Is it sequential?
- Do I repeat myself?
- Does it use math terms?
- Does it use them correctly?
- Did I remember to include my solution?
- Is my solution correct (or does it at least make sense)?
- Did I use information from the problem (tell what I know)?
- Did I give examples (when needed)?
Completion of the extended responses is followed by another important step, self - evaluation. Before publishing, I ask students to once again look over the checklist, focusing on Communication and Solution. I ask them to make sure they understand their own writing and that they have included their solution with an appropriate unit (two things that students often forget).